Use Quicken® or Microsoft Money® Personal Finance Software? Download Your Janus Account Information
If you use Quicken or Microsoft Money software to manage your personal investments, you can download your Janus account information directly. Download statements, positions, balances, transaction history, and fund distribution information.
--Save time and improve record-keeping accuracy
--Greater efficiency at tax time
You will need to have Quicken or Microsoft Money software installed on your personal computer and an Internet connection in order to perform the download. The customer ID and password/PIN number required by Quicken and Microsoft Money for downloading Janus account information is the same username and password you use to login to your Janus account. If you need to set up a username and password for the first time, please visit Janus Account Access.
Visit the Quicken® (quicken.intuit.com) or Microsoft Money® (microsoft.com/money) websites for additional information.
>>TurboTax® Users: Import Your Janus Tax Information
Additional Instructions for Quicken Software Users
To set up Direct Connect downloads for Quicken software versions 2004 or higher:
- From the File menu in Quicken, Select New, then New Quicken Account.
- Indicate that the account is held at Janus.
- Choose Online as the method to set up those accounts, or "Yes, I want to connect to Janus through Quicken."
- Enter the username and password that you use for janus.com account access as your Quicken Customer ID and PIN. (If you need to set up a janus.com username and password for the first time, please visit Janus Account Access.)
- Quicken will connect through the Internet to janus.com to retrieve your account information.
- Select either an existing Quicken Investment Account or choose Add a New Quicken Account and choose a name for each Janus account that displays. (Your first six Janus accounts will be displayed.) If you do not want to download a specific Janus account, mark it as "Do not use this account in Quicken."
- Confirm that the accounts are set up correctly, and click Done.
Once your Janus accounts are configured, your Quicken 2004 or higher software will retrieve your most recent transactions for each account automatically when you use the Update feature. For older Quicken software versions, you must initiate a second download using Quicken's One Step Update process. If you own more than six Janus accounts, you will need to go through a second download process.
Additional Instructions for Microsoft Money Software Users
To set up a new account for Microsoft Money software:
- From the File menu in MS Money, select New, then New Account.
- Select Investment under Choose An Account Type and click Next.
- Select the letter "J" under Select a Bank or Brokerage.
- Choose Janus from the list and click Next.
- To update your accounts online, Money requires your Janus login information. Select Yes, I Have Sign-in Information then click Next. (If you need to set up a username and password for the first time, please visit Janus Account Access.)
- Enter the username and password that you use for janus.com account access as your MS Money User ID and Password.
To update your account once it has been set up in MS Money:
- After MS Money is open, from the Tools menu select Internet Updates and Update Now.
- A pop-up window will display a list of accounts that can be downloaded. Place a check mark next to each Janus account you would like included in the update.
- Enter your janus.com password and click Update.
- Once the download is complete, you can review your investment activity in MS Money.
Please note: You cannot establish or change your janus.com username or password within Quicken or MS Money software. This can be accomplished through Janus Account Access.
For technical assistance using Quicken or MS Money, please visit Intuit's website at quicken.intuit.com or Microsoft Money's website at microsoft.com/money. Janus cannot provide technical support for these software programs.